Invalid JP regulatory domain
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski
2009-01-26 19:30:28 UTC
Hi,

While trying to set JP as regulatory domain I get in my kernel log:
cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: JP
cfg80211: Invalid regulatory domain detected:
cfg80211: Regulatory domain: JP
(start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
(2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm)
(2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm)
(2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm)
(4910000 KHz - 4930000 KHz @ 10000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(4910000 KHz - 4990000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(4930000 KHz - 4950000 KHz @ 10000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(5030000 KHz - 5045000 KHz @ 10000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(5030000 KHz - 5090000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(5050000 KHz - 5060000 KHz @ 10000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)
(5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm)
(5250000 KHz - 5330000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm)
(5490000 KHz - 5710000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2300 mBm)

Looks like the check "freq_range->max_bandwidth_khz > freq_diff" fails in
net/wireless/reg.c (is_valid_reg_rule function) for the second and third
ranges. Got this with wireless-regdb-2009-01-15 and kernel 2.6.28.1

Is there some error in regulatory domain ranges for JP, or kernel check
missing something additional? I couldn't find proper information about the
rules.

--
[]'s
Herton
Luis R. Rodriguez
2009-01-26 23:16:31 UTC
Post by Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski
Hi,
cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: JP
cfg80211: Regulatory domain: JP
Looks like the check "freq_range->max_bandwidth_khz > freq_diff" fails in
net/wireless/reg.c (is_valid_reg_rule function) for the second and third
ranges. Got this with wireless-regdb-2009-01-15 and kernel 2.6.28.1
Is there some error in regulatory domain ranges for JP, or kernel check
missing something additional?
You are right, the bandwidth was the issue, I'll send a patch now. Thanks for
reporting this!
Post by Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski
I couldn't find proper information about the
rules.
I'll try add documentation for that, thanks.

Luis