MBA resume wedge due to wireless fixed yet?
Linus Torvalds
2012-01-16 23:56:26 UTC
driver's adventures; am I missing something, or is this still supposed
to break suspend/resume?
I have patches, but haven't committed them because I was kind of
expecting them to go through the wireless tree.

I *will* commit them before releasing -rc1 (either my own, or
hopefully a pull request from davem), and I can send you temporary
ones for now if you want to play around.

Actually, you're probably better off just picking them up from the
kernel mailing list, see for example

http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg185722.html

(that's 1/5, and that is the one that fixes the actual bug that makes
things really not work - patches 2-5 are my fixes to not do insane
things, but I think #1 on its own is already sufficient for the
"doesn't resume" issue).

Linus
Julian Calaby
2012-01-17 00:37:22 UTC
Hi all,

I have a stupid question:

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:56, Linus Torvalds
Post by Linus Torvalds
I have patches, but haven't committed them because I was kind of
expecting them to go through the wireless tree.
Then why were these patches never posted to linux-wireless?

Thanks,
--
Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby-***@public.gmane.org
Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/julian.calaby/
.Plan: http://sites.google.com/site/juliancalaby/
Linus Torvalds
2012-01-17 00:57:34 UTC
Hi all,
Post by Linus Torvalds
I have patches, but haven't committed them because I was kind of
expecting them to go through the wireless tree.
Then why were these patches never posted to linux-wireless?
They were posted to at least netdev, they were cc'd to the top-level
maintainers (both David and Linville), and the maintainers of the
driver itself.

wireless seems to have been overlooked, but they were certainly not
hidden or kept private. I personally don't tend to remember the
wireless list, because everything I get comes through David and is
just "networking".

Linus
Julian Calaby
2012-01-17 01:09:03 UTC

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:57, Linus Torvalds
Post by Linus Torvalds
Hi all,
Post by Linus Torvalds
I have patches, but haven't committed them because I was kind of
expecting them to go through the wireless tree.
Then why were these patches never posted to linux-wireless?
They were posted to at least netdev, they were cc'd to the top-level
maintainers (both David and Linville), and the maintainers of the
driver itself.
I noticed all the names for the driver maintainers but my eyes must
have skipped over David and Linville.
Post by Linus Torvalds
wireless seems to have been overlooked, but they were certainly not
hidden or kept private. I personally don't tend to remember the
wireless list, because everything I get comes through David and is
just "networking".
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, just inquiring as to why Rafa=C5=82
and yourself had missed that particular list. As for overlooking it,
I'd probably do the same in your position. =3D)

Thanks,

--=20
Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby-***@public.gmane.org
Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/julian.calaby/
=2EPlan: http://sites.google.com/site/juliancalaby/
s" in
the body of a message to majordomo-***@public.gmane.org
David Miller
2012-01-17 01:17:03 UTC
From: Julian Calaby <julian.calaby-***@public.gmane.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:09:03 +1100
Post by Julian Calaby
Hi,
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:57, Linus Torvalds
Post by Linus Torvalds
Hi all,
Post by Linus Torvalds
I have patches, but haven't committed them because I was kind of
expecting them to go through the wireless tree.
Then why were these patches never posted to linux-wireless?
They were posted to at least netdev, they were cc'd to the top-level
maintainers (both David and Linville), and the maintainers of the
driver itself.
I noticed all the names for the driver maintainers but my eyes must
have skipped over David and Linville.
I poked John and told him he needs to integrate those changes ASAP.
Linus Torvalds
2012-01-17 01:19:01 UTC
Post by Julian Calaby
I noticed all the names for the driver maintainers but my eyes must
have skipped over David and Linville.
Actually, they probably didn't. It looks like the series Rafa=C5=82 sen=
out didn't have either David or Linville on it. And my series only had
Linville.

I was sure I had David cc'd on some of it, but apparently that was
just in my confused mind.

Linus
John W. Linville
2012-01-17 14:48:03 UTC
Post by Julian Calaby
I noticed all the names for the driver maintainers but my eyes must
have skipped over David and Linville.
=20
Actually, they probably didn't. It looks like the series Rafa=C5=82 s=
ent
out didn't have either David or Linville on it. And my series only ha=
Linville.
=20
I was sure I had David cc'd on some of it, but apparently that was
just in my confused mind.
I have them. I merged 1/5 already, since Rafa=C5=82 marked it for
"stable". But Dave is right, we might as well merge the others
now too. I'll get to that ASAP.

John
--=20
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville-***@public.gmane.org might be all we have. Be ready.